[Samba] Samba4 Trusts and GPO

Vladimir Eltsov samba at veltsov.ru
Thu Apr 13 12:28:16 UTC 2017

Any news about trust relationships or plans?

I have set up DC on CentOS 7 and samba 4.6.2, and another DC (with
another domain) on Windows server 2012 R2.

Then I have established trust relationships between two domains, and
just after that I see Event ID 1110 in Windows 7 (which is member of
samba domain) event log:

"The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows could not determine if
the user and computer accounts are in the same forest. Ensure the user
domain name matches the name of a trusted domain that resides in the
same forest as the computer account."

When I delete trust relationships on samba domain side, Group Policy
immediately starts working.

Does anybody use samba 4 AD DC with trust relationships and Group Policies?

Vladimir Eltsov