[Samba] Restore samba3x files NT4 style to samba4x NT4 Style?

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Wed Apr 12 08:51:30 UTC 2017

Am 12.04.2017 um 01:57 schrieb Alberto Moreno via samba:
> I'm working in migrate my current samba3x PDC NT4 style to samba 4.x same
> style.
>
> What files do I need to move from /var/lib/samba/ to my new server?

I don't know where all the databases are located on CentOS. I guess they
are all in this directory. Then copy the whole content.

This tells you the important folders you have to copy:
$ smbd -b | egrep "LOCKDIR|STATEDIR|CACHEDIR|PRIVATE_DIR"

Run the same command on the new server to display the new locations (in
case they changed in the meantime).

Regards,
Marc