[Samba] Migrating from Centos 5 NT4 style to Centos 7 issues

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Wed Apr 12 06:19:07 UTC 2017

Am 12.04.2017 um 00:04 schrieb Alberto Moreno via samba:
> Marc, the issue was the slap.d folder inside /etc/openldap/, once I delete
> I follow my own manual about migrating LDAP to other server and still
> working.

Just a note:

You can manually convert your slapd.conf to the new slapd.d format. Or
you wait, and it will happen automatically after CentOS/Red Hat releases
the next updated OpenLDAP package.

However, after you (or the updated package) converted the file, only the
content in the slapd.d directory is used. Just in case you make some
changes in the slapd.conf file and wonder why it's the changes do not
take effect.

Regards,
Marc