[Samba] Migrating from Centos 5 NT4 style to Centos 7 issues

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Tue Apr 11 20:16:31 UTC 2017

Hi Alberto,

I currently don't have an OpenLDAP server running, but let's try it
anyway. :-)

Am 11.04.2017 um 21:44 schrieb Alberto Moreno via samba:
> Next move my config files to the new server:
> /etc/ldap.conf
> /etc/openldap/slapd.conf
> /etc/openldap/ldap.conf

Can you make sure that there is no /etc/openldap/slapd.d/ directory? If
it exists, delete it - otherwise your slapd.conf is not used. You can
later convert your slapd.conf into the directory-style configuration if
you want.

> Copy DB_CONFIG that doesn't exist on openldap 2.4, to /var/lib/ldap/

* Does there anything exist in this directory? If yes, delete it.
* Restore your DB_CONFIG file.
* Start slapd to create the initial database files.
* Stop slapd again. slapadd works offline.

> Restore ldap backup.
>
> slapadd -l mydomain.ldif

Just to make sure that the command uses your config:
# slapadd -l mydomain.ldif -f /etc/openldap/slapd.conf

> But I got this error:
>
> slapadd -l /opt/mydomain.ldap
> 58ecf8a3 The first database does not allow slapadd; using the first
> available one (2)
> slapadd: line 1: database #2 (dc=my-domain,dc=com) not configured to hold
> "dc=mydomain,dc=local"; no database configured for that naming context
> _                       0.10% eta   none elapsed            none spd   2.1

Do you have multiple databases configured in slapd.conf? If yes,
temporarily remove the ones you don't need for the import.

Other than that, if your slapd.conf isn't mixed with an existing slapd.d
directory, it might help to see the slapd.conf

If the previous hints do not help, you can send me an email off-list
with your slapd.conf and an LDIF file that contains the a few top level
entries. Then I can have a look tomorrow evening.

Regards,
Marc