[Samba] Migrating from Centos 5 NT4 style to Centos 7 issues

Alberto Moreno portsbsd at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 19:44:03 UTC 2017

Hi.

I want to move my current domain running centos 5 to centos 7.

Samba3x ==>Samba4x
openldap 2.3x==>2.4.x

I move my ldap backup that I got from backups:

slapcap -l mydomain.ldif

Next move my config files to the new server:
/etc/ldap.conf
/etc/openldap/slapd.conf
/etc/openldap/ldap.conf

Schemas are correct.

Copy DB_CONFIG that doesn't exist on openldap 2.4, to /var/lib/ldap/

Restore ldap backup.

slapadd -l mydomain.ldif

But I got this error:

slapadd -l /opt/mydomain.ldap
58ecf8a3 The first database does not allow slapadd; using the first
available one (2)
slapadd: line 1: database #2 (dc=my-domain,dc=com) not configured to hold
"dc=mydomain,dc=local"; no database configured for that naming context
_                       0.10% eta   none elapsed            none spd   2.1
M/s
Closing DB...

Looks like I miss something?

Thanks.