[Samba] Joining Samba4 to existing AD

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Apr 11 17:38:31 UTC 2017

On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 12:15:43 -0500
Erick Ocrospoma via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried with the latest stable 4.5.x, but with no success.
>
> Do you think you could share your smb.conf ? and also how you built
> from source?
> I suspect there's something missing in the KRB5 for Samba (due to KDC
> error messages).

Try it like this:

samba-tool domain join EXAMPLE.COM DC -UAdministrator
--realm=EXAMPLE.COM --dns-backend=SAMBA_INTERNAL

If that doesn't work, can you post /etc/hosts, can you also explain why
you are allowing Network-Manager to set /etc/resolv.conf, does the soon
to be a DC get its IP from DHCP ??

Does smb.conf already exist ? it shouldn't

Rowland