[Samba] Restoring SYSVOL Replication After S4

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Tue Apr 11 14:51:20 UTC 2017

I realize this is not a Samba specified quesiton... but I thought
someone here might have some experience with this.

After migrating from an purely S4 AD domain to a purely Windows 2008R2
AD domain one is left with no functioning SYSVOL replication (FRS or
DFS).  This makes sense as S4 is not aware of SYSVOL replication.  So
the question is how to bootstrap SYSVOL replication on a set of
Windows 2008R2 DCs with everything apparently working except SYSVOL.