[Samba] IPv6?

David Holder david.holder at erion.co.uk
Tue Apr 11 13:24:39 UTC 2017

Hi Phil,

NBT name resolution is IPv4 only. Samba does work over IPv6, but NetBIOS name resolution is and always will be IPv4 only. It is a feature of the protocol not Samba.

Take a look at http://www.ipv6consultancy.com/ipv6blog/wp-content/uploads/sambaxp-2015-deploying-ipv6-only-samba-4-environments-v0_4.pdf and other presentations on the subject at http://www.ipv6consultancy.com/ipv6blog/?cat=4.

Best Regards,
David
--

Dr David Holder CEng FIET MIEEE
Erion Ltd, An Cala, Inverkirkaig, Lochinver, Sutherland, IV27 4LR, UK

Registered in England and Wales. Registered Number 3521142
Registered Office: Newtons, 49 Coniscliffe Road, Darlington, County Durham, DL3 7EH, UK