[Samba] Migrate OLD PDC on Centos5 to Centos6

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 18:19:56 UTC 2017

The OS is probably not an issue.    The samba version may be more of an
issue.

I have an oracle linux 6 system (another RHEL derivative) with samba
3.6.23.    I seem an option to install samba 4.2.10 using yum.

I think both versions are end-of-lifed.  You may be safer going with
CentOS 7.   You can configure Samba 4 a classic domain controller with
minimal if any smb.conf changes.

You will probably find (or probably already found) that getting
unsupported version of samba working with Windows systems is getting
more and more difficult.  If windows systems are patched for samba
badlock but the samba systems are not , you may have problems.