[Samba] Failures after update Samba 4.6.2

Ricardo Pardim Claus ricardo.claus at yahoo.com.br
Sat Apr 8 21:07:08 UTC 2017

Dear Andrew

SRV13 was one of DC's. Today it no longer exists.
In my case, is it possible to solve this problem?

If I return the VM snapshot in the previous version of Samba (4.4.5), and try to fix the problem by running the command, is it the best solution?

________________________________

On Sat, 2017-04-08 at 16:13 +0000, Ricardo Pardim Claus via samba

wrote:
> Dear Rowland
>
> When I execute the command, I get the following error:
>
> # samba-tool domain tombstones expunge
> ERROR(<type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>): uncaught exception -
> 'module' object has no attribute 'time'
>   File "/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.7/site-
> packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py", line 176, in _run
>     return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
>   File "/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.7/site-
> packages/samba/netcmd/domain.py", line 3790, in run
>     current_time = long(time.time())

In this case you have an old time.pyc or time.py file in your install.
Clean our the old binaries and python files from your install and re-
run make install.

It won't help however, as the links you show are both not deleted and
point to an object that doesn't exist.  We now find these (we didn't in
4.4) but we don't propose a solution, as it isn't clear (enough) what
to do with them!

My guess is that you have removed or re-built SVR13 in the past?  Is
that the case?

Sorry,

Andrew Bartlett

--