[Samba] Samba 4 account with a 'ldbmodify-ed' password does not login into domain from a Windows 7 VM

Leonardo Bruno Lopes leonardo at cefetmg.br
Sat Apr 8 16:53:09 UTC 2017

  Thank you so much, Rowland.

I disabled the complexity using the command you sugested (just added 'set',
I mean, 'samba-tool domain passwordsettings set --complexity=off').

'smbclient' still works, no surprise here. However I can't test the Windows
login right now. For some weird reason I can't open Windows VMs throught
VPN. As soon as I have some aditional information I will let you and the
list know.

About the complexity setting itself, I suppose It turns off the Samba
password complexity verification while re/setting passwords. It would not
be a problem as the software I (will) use to maintain the accounts already
has some complexity rules. I fact, the passwords I have in my LDAP (in the
'sambaNTPassword' attribute) are complex enough to be used by Samba AD.

Thanks again!
Leonardo