[Samba] Excel shared spreadsheets behavior

David Bear dwbear75 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 16:59:56 UTC 2017

Even on pure Windows file servers you cannot effectively have simultaneous
read/write for multiple users. I may have had 2 simultaneous users work one
time for a few minutes. But it is not stable. So not even a microsoft
server can do it.

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 8:58 AM, Dante F. B. Colò via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hello everyone
>
> I trying find what it happens on my Samba AD servers especially with
> shared spreadsheets, my personal opinion this feature on Excel is crap and
> unreliable but many people use it, how does Samba currently behave with
> this ? Is someone experienced any problem with this ? Frequently happens
> changes made by other user are lost the spreadsheet opens as read only ,
> the shares are all using vfs_acl_xattr module to mimic NTFS permissions,
> clients are all windows machines versions 7 and 10 , i upgraded samba
> 4.3.11 to 4.5.7 but both have the same behavior.
> --

David Bear
mobile: (602) 903-6476