[Samba] Update Samba4 version

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Wed Apr 5 18:41:50 UTC 2017

Hi Ricardo,

Am 05.04.2017 um 19:44 schrieb Ricardo Pardim Claus via samba:
> Should I pay attention to the settings options that have been changed?
> Or should I also pay attention to the bugs fixed?

Pay attention to everything that does or may have impact on your Samba
installation.

Most important are the major changes listed at the beginning of the RN.
Additionally, it's important to know about new/removed/deprecated
parameters, and if defaults have been changed.

Also the list of bugs that have been fixed may be interesting. Maybe you
see that a problem is fixed that affected you. Additionally it's good to
know what we fixed, in case you later have related problems. Maybe the
fix introduced a regression. For example, the latest release fixes a
regression, introduced by a fix in the previous version.

Everything in the RN is good to know. That's why we put it there. :-)

> Another question:
> My current version is 4.4.5. Do I need to read the release notes
 > > from all versions until the final release? (4.4.6, 4.4.7,
 > 4.4.8 .... 4.6.2) ??

Read the x.y.0 RN from the major releases + the all for minor versions
of the new branch.

For example, if you want to switch from 4.4.5 to 4.6.2, read the RN from:
- 4.5.0
- 4.6.0
- 4.6.1
- 4.6.2
to know what has been changed between your current and the version you
want to install.

Regards,
Marc