[Samba] Key table name malformed

mj lists at merit.unu.edu
Wed Apr 5 06:30:08 UTC 2017

Hi Louis,

On 04/05/2017 07:51 AM, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
> Yes, post the complete smb.conf.. when what os your running.
> Then we can have a look better whats going on.
>
> Greetz,
>
> Louis

Here is the smb.conf for the debian 8.7 domain member server running
samba 4.6.1:
> root at processing:~# cd /etc/samba/
> root at processing:/etc/samba# cat smb.conf
> [global]
>
> netbios name = processing
> workgroup = WKRGRP
> security = ADS
> realm = SAMBA.COMPANY.COM
>
> dedicated keytab file = /etc/krb5.keytab
> kerberos method = secrets and keytab
> winbind refresh tickets = yes
> winbind use default domain = yes
> winbind enum users  = yes
> winbind enum groups = yes
>
> idmap config *:backend = tdb
> idmap config *:range = 1000000-1000999
> idmap config INTECH:backend = ad
> idmap config INTECH:schema_mode = rfc2307
> idmap config INTECH:range = 500-999999
> idmap config INTECH:unix_nss_info = yes
>
> winbind nss info = rfc2307
>
> log level = 3

Here is smb.conf for the DC2, running samba 4.5.6 on debian 7.11:
> root at DC2:~# cat /etc/samba/smb.conf
> # Global parameters
> [global]
> 	workgroup = WKRGRP
> 	realm = samba.company.com
> 	netbios name = DC2
> 	server role = active directory domain controller
> 	dns forwarder = 192.65.132.5
>       allow dns updates = nonsecure
>
>       server signing = mandatory
>       ntlm auth = yes
>       ldap server require strong auth = no
> 	printing = bsd
> 	log level = 3
>       idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
>

> [netlogon]
> 	path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/samba.company.com/scripts
> 	read only = No
>
> [sysvol]
> 	path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
> 	read only = No
>       acl_xattr:ignore system acls = yes

This domain seems to be mostly running fine for some years, ever since
samba 4.1.16 or so.

I realise that my realm on the DC is written in lower case. However
testparm shows it uppercase, and everyting has always been running good,
that why I was afraid to change it to capitals. It's lower case ONLY in
the smb.conf on the three the DCs. Everywhere else in caps.

Ideas?