[Samba] GPO administration right on the station for ordinary user

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Mon Apr 3 16:21:41 UTC 2017

Am 03.04.2017 um 17:21 schrieb Marc Muehlfeld via samba:
> Am 03.04.2017 um 17:01 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle via samba:
>> But thats missing info..  :-(
>>
>> Maybe its also a good thing to add just after the first picture on the
>> wiki.
>> That the security filter on the GPO MUST have "authenticated users" or
>> Domain computer group.
>> You decide.

I verified the Wiki doc and here it works like described (without
setting a filter). I did exactly what is described in the Wiki. To
verify, I added a regular domain user to the domain group I set in the
GPO, and after I log in as this user on a domain member, this account
had local admin permissions.

Doesn't this work in your installation? What happens if you don't set
the filter?

Regards,
Marc