[Samba] win 10 client on linux pdc, join domain ok, logon script fails to run

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Sep 30 16:38:19 UTC 2016

On Fri, 30 Sep 2016 09:04:04 -0700 (PDT)
coxsterdillon via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Thanks for your response.  OK I get the AD DC part about sysvol and
> the fact I'm running a pdc.
>
> Can I confirm what you mean as domain?
>
> so if i get:
>
> #hostname
> dev2.test
>
> should my smb.conf have workgroup = test
>
> it does not match at present.

It doesn't have to match.
When you connect to a Samba server you would use //SERVER/SHARE , where
'SERVER' is the computers NETBios name (which is usually the computers
hostname) and 'SHARE' is the share to connect to.

I do not think you can connect via the NETBios domain name (aka
workgroup)

Rowland