[Samba] Failed to find sambaDomain object to get sambaAlgorithmicRidBase

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Sep 30 14:27:02 UTC 2016

On Fri, 30 Sep 2016 10:04:59 -0400
Bernard Fay via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> The users are not part of an existing AD domain.  The setup is rather
> simple, I have to migrate all the users in a new environment.  We
> need to centralized authentication, the reason of LDAP, and access
> shares from our Windows workstation.  I hope I am clear enough
> regarding our setup.

OK, it sounds like you should set up an Active Directory domain,
anything else will be using old technology. It seems that Microsoft is
trying to make the use of NT4-style domains unusable with Windows 10.

I would not recommend setting up a new NT4-style domain, if you do
decide to go for a domain, then go for a an AD domain.

Out of interest, how many users and how many windows workstations ?

Rowland