[Samba] Good Bye SAMBA?!?!?

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Sep 29 17:11:27 UTC 2016

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 11:07:34AM -0300, Gilberto Nunes via samba wrote:
> Well
>
> I was sad before, when said Linux do not have tools to sysadmins regard
> samba and replicated file servers, like DFS.

Well UNIX has rsync that does the same thing (and
pre-dates the DFS replication protocol as I recall).

It's a shame that Microsoft didn't do DFS replication
via rsync but invented a new protocol for it, but I'm
sure they had their reasons.

In the meantime I'd suggest to replicate your sysvol
shares with rsync until we get around to implementing
the DFS replication protocol in Samba. We are both
corporate funded (hi my employer !) and volunteer
driven so right now it's obviously not important
enough for a corporation to fund it (else they
would have done so) but volunteer work is always
welcome !