[Samba] Additional DC

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Sep 28 11:41:43 UTC 2016

Here you go.

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Time_Synchronisation

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/1.3_/etc/hosts

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_a_Samba_Active_Directory_Domain_Controller#Configure_.2Fetc.2Fkrb5.conf

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Join_an_additional_Samba_DC_to_an_existing_Active_Directory#Best_practice:_DNS_configuration_on_DCs

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configure_BIND_as_backend_for_Samba_AD

Greetz,

Louis

Van: Maton, Brett [mailto:matonb at ltresources.co.uk]
Verzonden: woensdag 28 september 2016 12:28
Aan: L.P.H. van Belle
Onderwerp: Re: [Samba] Additional DC

Thanks for the pointers,

 the items you listed look fine, I've some how not been able to find the wiki page for checking these issues, any change of a link to it ?

Thanks,

Brett

On 28 September 2016 at 09:48, L.P.H. van Belle via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

Something probely in your basic server setup is incorrect.

I suggest you check the following:
Time in sync ( on both DC's )
Hosts file ( problem DC )
Resolv.conf ( problem DC )
Krb5.conf ( problem DC )

Bind config ( if you use it )  ( problem DC )
Rights on the bind files in the samba private folder.

I suggest als you check in this order.

You found the wiki, howto check is on the wiki also.

Greetz,

Louis