[Samba] Additional DC

Maton, Brett matonb at ltresources.co.uk
Wed Sep 28 08:02:17 UTC 2016

I'm having a bit of trouble joining / starting an additional DC.

OS:      CentOS 7,2
Samba: 4.5.0

  I've run through the steps on the wiki page:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Join_an_additional_Samba_DC_to_an_existing_Active_Directory

  I did have to manually add the DNS entries.

  When I start samba I see the following errors in /var/log/messages:

/usr/local/samba/sbin/samba_dnsupdate: tkey query failed: GSSAPI error:
Major = Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information,
Minor = Server not found in Kerberos database

  What should I do next ?  any help greatly appreciated