[Samba] upgrade 4.4 -> 4.5 broke standalone server smbmount of drives?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat Sep 24 09:54:25 UTC 2016

All,

  I've run samba in standalone mode since the 2.0.7 days and have been though a
few breakages due to version updates along the way. It seems we have hit one
again in the 4.4 to 4.5 update. Specifically, the update was

samba-4.4.5 => samba-4.5.0

  There were no changes made to smb.conf, but the following attempted mount
failed using:

mount.cifs //phoinix/samba /mnt/phx -o
username=david,uid=1000,credentials=/home/adm/mountcfile,noperm

  There are no entries in the logs telling me why the mount fails, it just
fails. Were there new share connection requirements put in place in 4.5?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.