[Samba] IDMAP + GETENT

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Sep 24 07:33:57 UTC 2016

On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 19:54:36 -0300
Edson Tadeu Almeida da Silveira <edson.tadeu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Rowland.
>
> I did the ldif import and it seems ok now.
>
> I set only gid to my groups, because they are in small quantity.
>
> But, when i insert these lines to my member server:
>
> #        idmap config CBMERJ : backend = ad
>
> #        idmap config CBMERJ : schema_mode = rfc2307
>
> #        idmap config CBMERJ : range = 3000000-4000000
>

> I can't access they shares though my windows clients.
>

> This only will work if a set all uid to my users, or there is
> something else?

The only groups that need a gidNumber are 'Domain Users' and any other
group that you want/need to be visible to Unix.
You MUST also give a uidNumber to any users that you want to be visible
to Unix (Note: you do not have to use the 3000000 numbers)

This is where a lot of people go wrong or misunderstand the winbind ad
backend.

Rowland