[Samba] dnsupdate_nameupdate_done - Failed DNS update

Jonathan Hunter jmhunter1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 19:02:33 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 23 September 2016 at 18:22, Rowland Penny via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 18:12:32 +0100
> Jonathan Hunter via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> > I can now successfully run "/usr/local/samba/sbin/samba_dnsupdate
> > --verbose"!
> >
> > Well, I say successfully - I am now getting many "tsig verify failure"
> > errors - but I'm further forward at least :) I'm sure I have seen
> > much on the list and on the wiki regarding these errors, so when I
> > get back later on I will try to figure those out..

Nearly everything I can find regarding the TSIG errors is for BIND, which
I'm not running. Mathias said in May that samba_dnsupdate doesn't work if
using the internal DNS server, maybe this is the issue I'm having, and I
need to manually create the DNS entries that samba_dnsupdate has spotted
are missing..
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/linux.samba/7GGco_xXON8/O6iyVyMfDAAJ

I will try this later!

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research,
would it?"
      - Albert Einstein