[Samba] Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: permissions of new files and directories

jan-philipp.snizek at business.uzh.ch jan-philipp.snizek at business.uzh.ch
Fri Sep 23 07:30:25 UTC 2016

> Von: Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org>
> An: samba at lists.samba.org
> Datum: 22.09.2016 15:14
> Betreff: Re: [Samba] Antwort: Re:  permissions of new files and
directories
> Gesendet von: "samba" <samba-bounces at lists.samba.org>
>
> On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 14:36:34 +0200
> Philipp Snizek via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>

> > > Von: Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org>
> > > An: samba at lists.samba.org
> > > Datum: 22.09.2016 13:18
> > > Betreff: Re: [Samba] permissions of new files and directories
> > > Gesendet von: "samba" <samba-bounces at lists.samba.org>

> > > Can I suggest you change your smb.conf to this:
> > >
> > > [global]
> > >     netbios name = myhostname
> > >     security = ADS
> > >     workgroup = MYDOM
> > >     realm = MYDOM.WHEREVER
> > >     server string = Fileserver
> > >
> > >     log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
> > >     log level = 3
> > >     max log size = 50000
> > >
> > >     winbind separator = +
> > >     kerberos method = secrets and keytab
> > >     winbind enum users = yes
> > >     winbind enum groups = yes
> > >     winbind refresh tickets = true
> > >
> > >     idmap config *:backend = tdb
> > >     idmap config *:range = 2000-9999
> > >
> > >     idmap config MYDOM:backend = rid
> > >     idmap config MYDOM:range = 100000-100000000
> > >
> > >     template shell = /usr/bin/nologin
> > >     template homedir = /home/%D/users/%U
> > >     obey pam restrictions = yes
> > >     allow trusted domains = no
> > >     preferred master = no
> > >     load printers = no
> > >     map untrusted to domain = yes
> > >     log writeable files on exit = yes
> > >
> > > [Team_XXX]
> > >     comment = Team XXX
> > >     path = /home/teams1/team_xxx
> > >     browseable = yes
> > >     read only = no
> > >

> > > Then read and follow this:
> > >
> > > https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Shares_with_Windows_ACLs
> >
> > I've tried to run with POSIX ACLs to set permissions/ownerships on the
> > share directory only, "/home/teams1/team_xxx" in this example. This
> > directory would get 0770 and with inherit permissions or directory
> > mask = and create mask = my hopes were to achieve the correct
> > permissions. Would that work with your suggestions? Following the
> > link you've sent me I have the impression that I am leaving my
> > concept. I don't want anyone to use Windows' Security tab, not even
> > us admins.
> >
> > Thank you
> > Philipp
> >

> If you must use posix ACLs, see here:
>
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Shares_with_POSIX_ACLs

Yes, this is what I want.
The global section I configured according to your suggestions, thank you
for spotting all those needless default settings.

My "testing" share now looks like this:

[team_informatik]
    comment = Team Informatik
    path = /home/teams/team_informatik
    browseable = no
    valid users = +%D+"team informatik"
    public = no

chmod 2770 /home/teams/team_informatik
smbcontrol all reload-config

When I on my Win 10, 1511, client create a new folder in this share the new
folder's permissions are rwxr-s---.

After adding force directory mode = 0770 to this section and reloading the
config a newly created folder still gets rwxr-s--- permissions. Members of
the same group cannot delete this folder.
If I understand the bitwise OR-ing correctly this parameter should
definitely override the permissions to 0770.

What am I missing?

Philipp