[Samba] Windows 10 update kills samba access

Bob of Donelson Trophy bob at donelsontrophy.net
Tue Sep 20 21:12:39 UTC 2016

On 2016-09-20 15:51, James Knott via samba wrote:

> On 09/20/2016 04:09 PM, Bob of Donelson Trophy via samba wrote: On 2016-09-20 15:00, James Knott via samba wrote:
>
> On 09/20/2016 03:54 PM, Bob of Donelson Trophy via samba wrote:
>
> All of us are having trouble with the "Anniversary update" to W10
> Version 1607. If you can roll back to previous Version 15?? (sorry can't
> remember) that MIGHT correct your issue. No promises. It's definitely that update that caused the problem.
 Do you get the "signout" or "dismiss" choices? If so, I have done no in
depth testing but, I did "dismiss" and saved a text doc to the desktop.
Signed out and logged back in and the text doc was still there on the
desktop. So do not know enough to determine if it's a bug or security
issue.
I don't see either of those.  I just try to open a share in the
Konqueror browser.  I can see the Users folder, but nothing below it.

> Hope to have time later today to test further however, the situation is
> worrisome.

I apologize, I miss understood. You are accessing W7 or W10 shares from
a linux client.

In my case accessing Samba4 member shares from W10 client I am getting
an error pop-up that is asking to "signout" or "dismiss" choices. Well,
selecting "signout" does exactly that, sign you out of your W10 client.
The "dismiss" choice dismisses the complaint dialog and you are allowed
into your client (W10) workstation but, the dismissal is warning the
user that "your" changes may not be saved.

Like I said I will test more later.