[Samba] Windows 10 update kills samba access

Bob of Donelson Trophy bob at donelsontrophy.net
Tue Sep 20 20:09:01 UTC 2016

On 2016-09-20 15:00, James Knott via samba wrote:

> On 09/20/2016 03:54 PM, Bob of Donelson Trophy via samba wrote:
>
>> All of us are having trouble with the "Anniversary update" to W10
>> Version 1607. If you can roll back to previous Version 15?? (sorry can't
>> remember) that MIGHT correct your issue. No promises.
>
> It's definitely that update that caused the problem.

Do you get the "signout" or "dismiss" choices? If so, I have done no in
depth testing but, I did "dismiss" and saved a text doc to the desktop.
Signed out and logged back in and the text doc was still there on the
desktop. So do not know enough to determine if it's a bug or security
issue.

Hope to have time later today to test further however, the situation is
worrisome.