[Samba] idmap_ad

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 16:00:05 UTC 2016

I don't think classic upgrade would work, unless I can make my classic
TECH domain become TECH.MYDOMAIN.COM.  If I could that would almost be
ideal at least to preserve machine accounts if not user accounts.

Actually, I need to preserve the users the the parent domain-  I will
just move them into the child domains (otherwise all the exchange
mailbox stuff will be broken.)

I am envisioning moving user and computer accounts from old domain to
new in batches off hours, not all at once, which will require trusts
between the domains during the transition.