[Samba] Upgraded SAMBA4 DC's, now no logon scripts

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Mon Sep 19 18:57:27 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-09-19 at 13:43 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams via samba wrote:
> On Mon, 2016-09-19 at 09:15 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams via samba
> wrote:
> > Logon scripts assigned to a user do not execute when the user logs
> > on; it did before the upgrade.
> > I can run the script from the command line and it completes OK
> > [like \\{DOMAIN}\netlogon\logon.bat].  I can also browse to the
> > [netlogon] share without issue.
> > Upgrade was from a late 4.0.x to 4.1.x to current 4.2.x.  User's
> > can logon without other issues [apparently].

Falling back to Wireshark I see attempts to access the file fail as
STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.

(1) why would this happen at logon when I can run the script after
login without pertmission issues?
(2) why would upgrading the DC have an impact on accessing the content
of the [netlogon] share

[netlogon]
        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/micore.us/scripts
        read only = No
        acl allow execute always = yes

[sysvol]
        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol