[Samba] Ubumtu 1n.04 - no network machines visible

Adrian Godfrey lists at ags.lu
Sun Sep 18 19:09:47 UTC 2016

Here's an update

I added the following three lines to smb.conf

client lanman auth = yes
client ntlmv2auth = no
client maxprotocol = LANMAN2

Now  smbtree actually shows the shares (previously smbtree didn't show
anything)
The Windows  PC  and  the  three  Linux NAS now show in "Network" and
"Windows Network"

The  Windows  PC asks for a password*, but the Linux boxes show "Cannor
retrieve  share  list  from  server".  I am  not  too worried about the
Windows  PC  as it can access all the Linux devices, but why can I not
access Linux devices from a Linux PC?

*I  have  had  this  password  issue  in  the past with the Windows PC
accessing  the  oldest  of  those  Linux devices and it was fixed with
policy editor to stop ntlvm2auth

Very  strange.  The  Windows  PC  can  access everything. The Linux PC
cannot access anything.

Adrian

--
Best regards,