[Samba] 答复: How to disable CTDB pulling up NICs

Martin Schwenke martin at meltin.net
Sun Sep 18 10:48:52 UTC 2016

On Sun, 18 Sep 2016 01:36:20 +0000, Weidong via samba
<samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> If eth0 holds virtual IP as its secondary IP and I bring down eth0 by
> command "ifdown eth0", CTDB will automatically pull eth0 up. Sometime
> it goes wrong. The virtual IP becomes primary IP, and origin primary
> IP turns into a secondary IP or just missing. If the origin primary
> IP is missing, I have to run "ifup eth0" though CTDB has pulled eth0
> up.

Why do you want to take an interface down if it is used for CTDB public
IP addresses?

An interface that hosts CTDB public IP addresses should be used only
for that purpose.  You can put a static address on that interface,
which can help the node reach infrastructure (e.g. DNS or Active
Directory server) but there should never be a need to take the
interface down.

You should use another, separate private network for the fixed, private
node IP addresses.

If you need to do anything else then you should consider a 3rd network.

> CTDB uses “ip link set eth0 up” to pull up a NIC. I suppose
> “ifdown/ifup” are not compatible with “ip link set”.

Depending on your platform, the ip command (as in "ip link set") might
be used as a low-level primitive in the implementation of ifdown/ifup.

You can not expect to be doing arbitrary network configuration on an
interface while CTDB is trying to use and manage it...

peace & happiness,
martin