[Samba] Need help with directory create time

Karl Mauch k_mauch at gmx.de
Sat Sep 17 11:29:27 UTC 2016

Am Freitag, 16. September 2016, 13:54:09 CEST schrieben Sie:
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 07:34:44PM +0200, Karl Mauch wrote:

> > > The "fake directory create times" code still
> > > exists in Samba4 - shouldn't have changed at
> > > all since 3.6.x.
> > >
> > > Can you describe more fully what create times you're
> > > getting ?
> > >
> > > "fake directory create times" should always return
> > > a create time of 1/1/1980 to clients.
> >
> > Thank you.
> > There is no difference with or without "fake directory create times=yes".
> > After changes in the folder, the creation time is changed too (current
> > time)
> Oh, have an idea what may be wrong - when the folder
> is changed we may be updating the time internally
> without paying attention to the "fake" time request.
That's cool. You are programmer of samba :-). I didn't know that until now.
The problem exists for some time. I tried on 4.5.0 and 4.1.12 - for example
after adding a new subfolder, I get a new creation time.
A software from my customer does not work because the activation key depends
on the creation time of some folders. When changing to samba4 I used a command
in the command line, which has fixed the creation time, but the bash_history
was deleted. Do you have any idea?
Otherwise I copy the files temporarily to a Windows computer and hope that you
can fix the bug with "fake directory create times" soon.
Thank you very much.