[Samba] AD samba4 in ubuntu 16.04 from repo

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Sep 16 21:03:09 UTC 2016

On Fri, 16 Sep 2016 16:26:09 -0400 (CDT)
Felipe_G0NZÁLEZ_SANTIAG0 via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi all:
>   I need to install an AD samba4 in ubuntu 16.04 from the repo.
> Then, Is this possible?
> If so, Could you help me with a guide, suggestions, etc.?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Felipe.
> The University of Informatics Sciences invites you to participate in
> the Scientific Conference UCIENCIA 2016, [extended] deadline:
> september 30th. Conferencia Científica UCIENCIA 2016, plazo de envío
> de trabajos hasta el 30 de septiembre. http://uciencia.eventos.uci.cu/

Does it have to be with distro packages ? if so, then install the
distros Samba packages: samba krb5-config winbind
Then follow the Samba wiki:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_a_Samba_Active_Directory_Domain_Controller

I should point out that if you compile Samba yourself, you can get the
very latest version.

Rowland