[Samba] Need help with directory create time

Karl Mauch k_mauch at gmx.de
Fri Sep 16 12:37:33 UTC 2016

Hello,

my problem:
In the past "fake directory create times" did what I expect. The creation time
of directories were fixed.
Then I changed to samba 4 and "fake directory create times" did not work any
longer. But I found a workaround and the creation times of directories were
fixed.
Today there was a virus and I restored a backup and the directory creation
time is variable. After changing a file, the directory creation time is new.
And I forget what I did in the past to workaround this problem in samba 4. It
is configured as a PDC.

Please help! The software in the directory is not working with jumping
creation times.

Best regards

KM