[Samba] Failed to issue the StartTLS instruction - yet ldap ssl = no is set

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 14 12:27:32 UTC 2016

On 14/09/16 13:11, Reindl Harald via samba wrote:
> obviously the folder "/var/lib/samba-second" don't exist
really? I could guess but will ask instead of - intended
insult or just feeling happy go lucky?

it has something to do with:
   ;root directory =
   ;lock directory =
   ;state directory =
   ;cache directory =

maybe it's for devel team - if I revert to defaults (meaning
don't use these directives) then dbwrap_watchers.tdb gets
created.
and! smbclient(any client) works fine!

Seems like an attempt to put samba into non-default dir(s)
with render her crippled, right?
Having above directives, plus a few more which one would
think relate to Samba's files locations gets you "running"
Samba, Samba creates/generates content there but something
is missing. I even touched that dbwrap_watchers.tdb but no
difference.
My Samba runs off Centos 7.2

?