[Samba] How to disable CTDB pulling up NICs

Martin Schwenke martin at meltin.net
Wed Sep 14 11:00:21 UTC 2016

On Wed, 14 Sep 2016 06:02:13 +0000, Weidong via samba
<samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Thanks for your attention. CTDB manages NICs with event scripts.
> Virtual IP attaches on a NIC as a secondary IP. When noticing the NIC
> down, CTDB will pull it up. Does any one know how to disable the
> action? I do not want CTDB pull any NIC up. Does the command 'ctdb
> disablescript 10.interface' has any unexpected effect?

10.interface actually removes/adds public IP addresses from/to
interfaces.  So, without this script CTDB's public IP addresses will
not work.

There is no supported way to disable the behaviour of pulling up
interfaces.

Why do you want to want to disable this?

peace & happiness,
martin