[Samba] The user name or password is incorrect

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Sep 13 18:03:56 UTC 2016

On Tue, 13 Sep 2016 14:47:18 -0300
Gilberto Nunes via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hello list
>
> I have Samba 4.1.17 installed via Zentyal Server 3.5.
> When I try with Windows 7 and Windows 10, I am able to get into Samba
> AD Domain.
> But, now, when I try insert a Windows Server 2012 R2,  I get this
> message:
>
> The user name or password is incorrect.

It all depends on what you mean by 'insert', do you mean that you are
trying to join the Win2012R2 machine to the domain as a DC ? or as a
domain member ?

You definitively cannot do the first because of a schema mis-match and
I am not sure you can do the second either. I think you are going to
have to give us a lot more info.

Rowland