[Samba] installing samba from ubuntu 16.04 repository as DC

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Sep 13 13:51:30 UTC 2016

On Tue, 13 Sep 2016 09:05:17 -0400 (CDT)
Ing. Yosel L�zaro Vera Gonz�lez <ylvera at uci.cu> wrote:

> Right now, I do not have the smb.conf file, but I will try again.
> During the provision I used only the options --use-rfc2307
> --interactive The University of Informatics Sciences invites you to
> participate in the Scientific Conference UCIENCIA 2016, [extended]
> deadline: september 30th. Conferencia Científica UCIENCIA 2016, plazo
> de envío de trabajos hasta el 30 de septiembre.
> http://uciencia.eventos.uci.cu/

I think we are going to have to see your smb.conf, as I said the error
message you posted is only printed if you are using ntvfs. A bit higher
up the python code is this:

        if not use_ntvfs and not use_s3fs:
            use_ntvfs = "smb" in lp.get("server services")
        elif use_s3fs:
            use_ntvfs = False

What this means is:

if neither '--use_ntvfs' or '--use-s3fs' is given with the command,
then parse the 'server services' line in smb.conf for 'smb', if found,
set 'use_ntvfs' to true.

Rowland