[Samba] installing samba from ubuntu 16.04 repository as DC

Ing. Yosel L�zaro Vera Gonz�lez ylvera at uci.cu
Mon Sep 12 12:54:17 UTC 2016

!!! Regards

Is it possible to install samba4 from  ubuntu 16.04 repository as a domain controller?
I tried, but I'm having trouble with the sysvol folder ACLs.
I can authenticate with smbclient however when I try to access from windows with the same user, I get permission denied

# smbclient //localhost/sysvol -UAdministrator -c 'ls'
Enter Administrator's password:
Domain=[EXAMPLE] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 4.3.9-Ubuntu]
  .                                   D        0  Mon Sep 12 08:28:34 2016
  ..                                  D        0  Mon Sep 12 08:21:58 2016
  WinXP                               D        0  Sat Sep 19 19:17:20 2015
  example.com                           D        0  Fri Sep  9 17:06:50 2016

                14185456 blocks of size 512. 8405584 blocks available

Then I tried samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset

#samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset
Please note that POSIX permissions have NOT been changed, only the stored NT ACL

The University of Informatics Sciences invites you to participate in the Scientific Conference UCIENCIA 2016,
[extended] deadline: september 30th.
Conferencia Científica UCIENCIA 2016, plazo de envío de trabajos hasta el 30 de septiembre.
http://uciencia.eventos.uci.cu/