[Samba] drs showrepl - Failed to bind to UUID - Undetermined error

Jonathan Hunter jmhunter1 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 22:27:52 UTC 2016

Thank you Andrew, you pointed me in exactly the right direction, and I now
have 'samba-tool drs showrepl' working fine on this DC. I unfortunately now
don't know if this worked before I upgraded to 4.5, or not - but it does
work again now.

I am once again ashamed to say that there was a config error on this
machine; I can only assume that when I was rebuilding it after the disk
problems, I rebuilt it in a rush. The /etc/hosts file contained the wrong
IP for the local machine (in fact, it had the IP of another DC where I had
perhaps copied the format of the file from!). I have no idea why this
hadn't caused any more issues than just this - DNS was still correct so
perhaps enough programs consulted DNS before /etc/hosts. I'm kind of
impressed that samba seemed to otherwise run just fine on this machine!

Sorry for the false alarm; I think that with the KCC changes in 4.5, I
decided now would be a good time to check 'samba-tool drs showrepl' and
that finally highlighted the typo I made a couple of months back when I
rebuilt the DC..

Thanks all :-)

--
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research,
would it?"