[Samba] drs showrepl - Failed to bind to UUID - Undetermined error

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Sep 9 20:01:11 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-09-09 at 15:24 +0100, Jonathan Hunter via samba wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have now updated to 4.5.0 - thank you to all the team for your
> efforts on
> this :)
>
> I was excited to read in the release notes that there were many
> replication
> improvements, and I have run 'samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs --fix'
> on all
> my DCs; there were many, many replPropertyMetaData and other errors
> which
> have now been found and fixed - thanks!
>
> However, I think something still isn't right in my domain; this is
> probably
> not the fault of 4.5.0 but rather an inconsistency caused when one of
> my
> DCs died and was rebuilt - however I'm now not sure where to look
> (presumably with ADSIEdit / ldbsearch) to check which object I need
> remove / update.

It looks like others have solved your issue, but just checking on the
broader issue of removing servers.  Is the UUID for the removed server,
and if so how did you remove the DC that died?

We now have 'samba-tool domain demote --remove-other-dead-server' that
will do a more comprehensive job cleaning out the old DC.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett