[Samba] Winbind / Samba auth problem after username change

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Sep 7 14:02:42 UTC 2016

I would suggest.

Stop samba and winbind

Backup
/etc/krb5.keytab
/var/lib/samba
/var/cache/samba

Remove everything in :
/var/lib/samba
/var/cache/samba
And remove :
/etc/krb5.keytab

Put in this config ( from Rowlands suggestion. )
Can you try this smb.conf:

[global]
	workgroup = MYDOMAIN
	realm = MYDOMAIN.local
	netbios name = vmu09tcse01
	kerberos method = secrets and keytab
	server string = Samba AD Client Version %v
	security = ads
	winbind enum users = yes
	winbind enum groups = yes
	winbind use default domain = yes
	winbind refresh tickets = Yes
	template shell = /bin/bash
	domain master = no
	local master = no
	preferred master = no

	# Default idmap config used for BUILTIN and local windows accounts/groups
	idmap config *:backend = tdb
	idmap config *:range = 2000-9999

	# idmap config for domain MYDOMAIN
	idmap config MYDOMAIN:backend = rid
	idmap config MYDOMAIN:range = 10000-99999

	# For ACL support on domain member
	vfs objects = acl_xattr
	map acl inherit = Yes
	store dos attributes = Yes