[Samba] ACL wrong category user for group and group for user

Sam sr42354 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 12:39:14 UTC 2016

Hello Rowland!

The users and group are only on the AD, and there are only one entry on
each user...
In the Windows side all seems ok :

but not the result of getfacl ...

root at Samba4:/Fichiers# getfacl /Fichiers/SA/Nouveau\ document\ texte.txt
getfacl : suppression du premier « / » des noms de chemins absolus
# file: Fichiers/SA/Nouveau document texte.txt
# owner: ciril
# group: utilisa.\040du\040domaine
user::rwx
user:utilisa.\040du\040domaine:r-x
user:karine.hasani:r-x
user:sa-si:rwx
user:sa-cp:r-x
user:john.doe:r-x
user:essai:r-x
group::r-x
group:utilisa.\040du\040domaine:r-x
group:karine.hasani:r-x
group:ciril:rwx
group:sa-si:rwx
group:sa-cp:r-x
group:john.doe:r-x
group:essai:r-x
mask::rwx
other::---

In the above example I created the user essai on the AD one minute ago...

Good things! with setfacl I can't set a user as a group and vica-versa! ;)

wbinfo -u show only users and the -g option only groups

getent passwd show only users:
essai:*:14633:10513:essai
essai:/home/samba/ARIANE/users/essaiSERNAME%:/bin/bash

  getent group show only groups:
sa-cp:x:13269:

Is there somewhere else to search?

Thanks