[Samba] Winbind / Samba auth problem after username change

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Sep 7 12:14:49 UTC 2016

On Wed, 7 Sep 2016 12:05:05 +0000
Julian Zielke <jzielke at next-level-integration.com> wrote:

> AVAHI is not running on our machines.
> We're using Samba from the official sernet repository. I did a
> find-command on all sam.ldb files and this is the only one which
> exists. Also when I delete them and restart the samba service, it's
> being created again, so I guess it's the correct file the daemon is
> working with.
> I've used the ldbsearch with the full logon name, however even when
> doing the command Mathias suggested no results are shown at all.
> - Julian

Try changing 'samaccountname'to 'cn'
You could also try: cat /etc/passwd | grep 'ren_test'

If you have a user 'ren_test' that getent passwd shows, it has to be
coming from one or the other.

You could also try: wbinfo -u | grep 'ren_test'


More information about the samba mailing list