[Samba] samba crashing on start up INTERNAL ERROR: Signal 11

Sonic sonicsmith at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 18:52:20 UTC 2016

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 2:05 PM, Volker Lendecke <vl at samba.org> wrote:
> Does gentoo give any hints about what "tevent-0.9.30" exactly
> contains? It should contain a tevent_internal.h file. This file should
> contain something like "pthread_mutex_t scheduled_mutex". Can you
> check that this exists when you compile Samba?

It's certainly in the tevent-0.9.30 tarball, however I don't see in
/usr/include after installing tevent-0.9.30 (assuming it's supposed to
be there), it only contains tevent.h. Manually adding 0.9.30's
tevent_internal.h and tevent_util.h to /usr/include does not help.

The Samba src contains ./lib/tevent/tevent_internal.h
./lib/tevent/tevent.h and ./lib/tevent/tevent_util.h, For one
./lib/tevent/tevent_internal.h is not equivalent to the 0.9.30
version. It seems that in building from src Samba is using it's
internal headers and not the system supplied ones, even though it
checks for and finds >=tevent-0.9.29 during conifigure. If I delete
the internal headers from git src then the compile fails with:
[1277/3352] Compiling source4/librpc/rpc/dcerpc_roh_channel_in.c
../source4/librpc/rpc/dcerpc_roh_channel_in.c:24:31: fatal error:
lib/tevent/tevent.h: No such file or directory