[Samba] Winbind / Samba auth problem after username change

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Sep 6 14:10:18 UTC 2016

On Tue, 6 Sep 2016 13:59:43 +0000
Julian Zielke via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> BTW, this is our smb.conf:
>
> # Global parameters
> [global]
> workgroup = mydomain
> realm = mydomain.local
> netbios name = myhostname
> server string = Samba AD Client Version %v
> security = ads
> password server = dc03, dc04, dc01, dc02, *

You should let Samba find the password server, so I would change the
above to just 'password server = *', which is a default setting, so
you might as well delete the line.

> server role = standalone server

No, if you use 'security = ads' then it is 'server role = member server'

> winbind separator = +
> winbind enum users = yes
> winbind enum groups = yes
> winbind use default domain = no

This is the default setting.

> winbind refresh tickets = Yes
> winbind offline logon = true
> winbind nested groups = yes
>
> template shell = /bin/bash
>
> idmap config * : range = 16777216-33554431
> idmap config mydomain : backend = rid
> idmap config mydomain : range = 16777216-33554431

And this is a no-no, the ranges must not overlap, never mind overlap,
yours are the same.

> log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
> max log size = 1000
> printing = bsd