[Samba] No Color, Brothers Printer, Samba/CUPS
john.cobley-samba at comtek.co.uk
Mon Sep 5 11:06:32 UTC 2016
I had this problem too but it is possible to get it working -
1. Install the printer onto the CUPS server and add it to Samba.
2. Install the printer on a Windows machine and enable the required
3. Using regedit navigate to the key
4. Right click the key and select "Export" and save it to disk.
5. Open this new ".reg" file in a test editor (I used Notepad++ but
Windows Notepad will work too).
6. Replace any instances of the printer name with the name given to the
printer on your Samba server.
7. Save changes and close the editor.
8. Back in regedit click "File" in the top left corner and select
"Connect Network Registry".
9. Enter the name of your Samba print server and click "Ok".
10. Ensure the print server is selected in the tree on the left and
click "File" and select "Import".
11. Select the ".reg" file you edited earlier and click "Open".
This will update the settings for the printer on your Samba print server
to be identical to the settings from your PC.
(I've also added this to the thread you've linked to).
On 03/09/2016 14:14, barış tombul via samba wrote:
> I have the same problem.
> kind regards.
More information about the samba