[Samba] Ubuntu, ping host by its NetBios name (Samba from sources) !

CpServiceSPb . cpservicespb at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 20:09:05 UTC 2016

I have built from sources Samba4 4.4.4 version operation at Ubuntu 14.04
x64.
There are three daemons are started: nmbd, smbd, winbindd.

I excluded 'dns' from /etc/nsswitch.conf, 'host' line and added 'wins' .
When I try ping some of Lan host by NetBios, I get ping: unknown host
xxxxxx.

So, how is to make possible to ping host at Ubuntu 14.04 by NetBios name
which can be resolved by broadcast and if this type of resolving doesn' t
do resolution, then switch to Samba4 wins ?