[Samba] Samba-CUPS interface

henri transfert hb.transfert at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 07:59:09 UTC 2016

Hi,

One of our Samba server (4.4.5) is a print server with CUPS backend . In
addition we are using a print management product that is itself a backend
to cups.

Everything works well, except that the document names that are transmitted
in the chain is of the form : "smbprn.00000648 MyDocument.pdf" . I guess
that the prefix smbprn.00000648 is the samba job ID that is concatenated to
the file name , that is itself transmitted to cups, and then to our third
party product.

Is cups able to separate the job ID and the original filename ? I did not
find any parameter in cups about that.

Is it possible in Samba to remove this prefix to the file name that is
passed to cups ?

Thanks in advance

Henri