[Samba] Schema Mismatch with Server 2008 RC

Wayne Andersen wayne.andersen at clima-tech.com
Mon Oct 31 17:52:00 UTC 2016

I have a domain with multiple Samba DC, and one MS Server 2008 R2 DC.

The Samba servers came first and then I added the MS DC.

I am having problems replicating, it gives me a schema mismatch error.

If I run ldapcmp

./samba-tool ldapcmp ldap://DC1 ldap://DC2 -Uadministrator schema --filter=whenChanged
Password for [MYDOMAIN\administrator]:

* Comparing [SCHEMA] context...

* Objects to be compared: 1550

Comparing:
'CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=mydomain,DC=clima-tech,DC=com' [ldap://DC1]
'CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=mydomain,DC=clima-tech,DC=com' [ldap://DC2]
    Difference in attribute values:
        instanceType =>
['13']
['5']
    FAILED

* Result for [SCHEMA]: FAILURE
How do I resolve this difference I have done some looking to determine what the 13 and 5 represent but have not had any luck so far.

Does not look like a functional level issue but may be.

Wayne Andersen
System Administrator
Clima-Tech Corporation
208-947-1849