[Samba] New attributes on Samba 4

Stefan Kania stefan at kania-online.de
Sun Oct 30 08:14:11 UTC 2016

I have writen a howto, but it's in German and part of my Samba4 Book.
I think I can write it in english and put it on my webpage. Mayby I
can manage this today or at least this week
I will inform you (and the list) if it is ready

> On Mon, 17 Oct 2016 18:09:36 +0200 Marc Muehlfeld via samba
> <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Lucas,
>>
>> Am 17.10.2016 um 17:31 schrieb Lucas Ferrari Correa via samba:
>>> In my company we have in our 389-ds LDAP server schemas
>>> created by our group with our own attributes specifications,
>>> and we want to know if it is possible to create these
>>> attributes in the Samba4 AD and how to do it.
>>

>> Just call it "Samba AD". :-)
>>

>> However, Samba supports Schema extensions. But as far as I know,
>> we don't have any documentation in the Wiki, beside:
>> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_schema_extensions
>>
>> Documenting this is on my list, but it won't happen soon. However
>> I guess there should be a lot of documentation on the internet
>> how to update the schema in an MS AD.
>>
>> If you prepare an LDIF file, such as the one for Automount in
>> the Wiki, I can test-import it here and see if it works.
>>

>> Regards, Marc
>>

> Hi Marc, it probably wont work ;-) Well, not as is, when I tried
> adding schema extensions, I had to add the attributes first, then
> the objectlasses, I couldn't add them all in one go.
>
> Rowland

- --
Stefan Kania
Landweg 13
25693 St. Michaelisdonn

Signieren jeder E-Mail hilft Spam zu reduzieren. Signieren Sie ihre
E-Mail. Weiter Informationen unter http://www.gnupg.org

Mein Schlüssel liegt auf

hkp://subkeys.pgp.net